Certified organic worm castings are nature’s best fertilizer!
Earthworms are some of the cleanest, most helpful creatures in the world. They form their waste in tiny, ball-shaped black pellets called castings. Worm humus is the end product of their breakdown of organic matter. This manure is also known as vermicasting.
Organic worm castings are perfect for your vegetables, fruits, trees, shrubs, flowers, potted houseplants, and more! These castings act as a repellent to whiteflies, aphids, spider mites, and other pests that feed on plant juices.
The castings are odor-free and contain no added chemicals, perfumes, or scents. Use them directly from the bag on all plants indoors and out, in the house or garden. With castings, you can grow pesticide-free food!
Nontoxic and safe for exposure to children and pets, the castings won’t burn plants in any concentration. With no alteration, they provide the soil with essential enzymes, trace minerals, and helpful nutrients. Adding an abundance of nutrients (including nitrogen, calcium, magnesium, potash, and phosphates), they naturally improve soil quality by acting as a sustained-release plant food.
Plants use castings to fight off fungal diseases. The castings’ high concentration of beneficial bacteria and microbes work with elements of the soil to resist plant decay.
The castings aid soil aeration in the same way as little blocks of wood in a bucket: They create open space for oxygen, so a plant’s root system can thrive and expand. Allowing the soil to drain unnecessary water easily, the castings ensure plant roots do not become waterlogged or develop root rot. What’s more, because the castings contain absorbent organic matter that stores moisture needed by the roots, their presence improves the soil’s water retention capacity.
Worm castings are the best multipurpose, all-in-one soil amendment anywhere!
This product carries the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) label. You can use it in certified organic production or food processing and handling, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Organic Program regulations, with no restrictions.
Got weeds? Let your drill do the work.
Weed Spinner is an innovative drill-driven weed removal tool that spins out weeds at the root.
It's fast and fun to use. There's no kneeling, bending, or getting your hands dirty!
What is it, exactly?
• Use Weed Spinner with your cordless electric drill (drill not included)
• 33-inch-long forged steel shaft
• The end that goes into your drill features three flat surfaces to stay firmly in the drill's chuck
• Innovative design features a forged pointed tip to pierce sod, hardscape, and clay soils
• Works on most any surface where weeds grow (lawns, gardens, sod, hardscape, loose rock, and more)
• Easy on your back and knees
• Eco-friendly and chemical-free
• Aerates and tills
• Invented and patented by Vern Ader, a retired teacher and gardener
How does it work?
• Insert the Weed Spinner shaft into the chuck of your drill.
• Point the tip into the ground next to the weed's main center stalk, then pull the drill's trigger for a few seconds and push down slightly. A slight angle works best.
• For safety and a better result, don’t start the drill until the Weed Spinner is properly placed.
• Your Weed Spinner will usually pull the roots out along with the weed.
• If your Weed Spinner hits a large rock or large root, it’s possible for the drill to jerk suddenly. If this is a concern, use a drill that has a second side handle for stability.
• Weeds may become wrapped around the Weed Spinner. If they don't fall off on their own when the drill is raised up, put the drill in reverse and spin for a few seconds to unwind the weeds. With the drill off, they can be removed by hand.
• The Weed Spinner isn’t recommended for caliche, calcrete, hardpan, or duricrust sedimentary soils. Heavy clay soils may bog the drill.
The Tomato Tower trains your tomato plants to grow vertical instead of horizontal by weaving the plant through the support rings. When your tomato plant grows, just add a support ring or adjust the height of the pole (up to 6 feet tall)! This is the perfect replacement to flimsy tomato cages that always fall over.
Ditch the itch! Mosquitoes are annoying and uncomfortable. Don’t let them spoil your outdoor activities. Protect yourself from mosquitoes without using chemicals.
• Repels mosquitoes for hours
• Fresh lemon scent
• 100 percent organic
• Large, 6-ounce size
Ingredients: A unique blend of distilled water, isopropyl alcohol, and four natural essential oils (peppermint, lemongrass, tea tree, and lavender).
Great for the eco-conscious home gardener with a small- or large-scale garden, these 9-inch white stone colored plant markers are made with 80 percent recycled plastic and 20 percent biomass from agriculture waste byproducts. The markers achieve a lower carbon footprint by using post-consumer or post-industrial recycled plastic.
Ditch the Itch! Mosquitoes are annoying and uncomfortable. Don’t let them spoil your outdoor activities. Protect yourself from mosquitoes without using chemicals. • Package comes with 4 bottles
• Repels mosquitoes for hours
• Fresh lemon scent
• 100% organic
• 2 oz. size perfect for carry on luggage, backpacks, purses, gloveboxes, picnic baskets and sports bags
Bug-Bouncer’s Park blend contains the pure essential oils of geranium, lavender, lemon-eucalyptus, rosemary, and neem oil in a witch hazel base. Designed for urban use and public places, it gives you personal-protection from Bug-Uglies insects without overwhelming those people around you. The blend has a light, floral scent that women seem to love.
As the season comes to an end, this item is only available while supplies last.
Anyone can grow some amazing white button mushrooms at home with this "just add water" countertop kit that comes complete with casing soil and easy to follow directions. You will never eat mushrooms fresher than twisting them from their growing media and cooking them up seconds later! White buttons grow on a composted straw media and fruit when covered with soil (included), so all you need to do is add the soil, water, and watch...It only takes a few weeks for the mushrooms to spring forth and merely days to mature before you are harvesting from your kit! Expect to harvest about 3-4 pounds of mushrooms! Kit measures 16x10x6 inches and comes complete with casing soil and directions, just add water! Because each mushroom kit is freshly packed to order, please allow five days to ship your order.
Mushroom kits are available for shipment to USA addresses ONLY.
Button Mushroom kits are only available September - May in North America.
If you want to have rich, nutritious soil for plants, it’s crucial to use high-quality, organic compost! It doesn’t just add nutrients to your soil, either. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, compost encourages “the production of beneficial bacteria and fungi that break down organic matter to create humus, a rich nutrient-filled material.”
This product carries the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) label. You can use it in certified organic production or food processing and handling, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Organic Program regulations, with no restrictions. This compost is organically made in Tennessee.
Your plants are going to love this organic compost, and you are going to enjoy a fruitful, prosperous garden!
Please allow two weeks for delivery. Available for shipment to continental U.S. addresses only.