With all the time spent at home in recent years, you probably realize how much the inside of your home contributes to your mental and physical health, for better or worse. But did you know that the Environmental Protection Agency estimates that indoor air is 2-5 times (and occasionally more than 100 times) more polluted than outdoor air?
The good news is that you can control and improve the environment inside your home, and A Healthier Home provides an accessible, room-by-room roadmap for doing just that. Wherever you are on your journey to a healthier home, the author and founder of A Little Less Toxic, Shawna Holman, offers realistic steps you can take to maintain a less toxic living environment that aligns with your values. Create a healthy, happy living space with simple swaps and hacks for banning hidden harms in every room:
- Kitchen: Finding the best cookware, helpful tools and gadgets, safe serving ware and food storage, all about supplements, buying cleaning products, DIY cleaning products
- Laundry Room: Washing machine and detergent recommendations, DIY spot treatment, whitening without bleach, treating stains, clotheslines, tips, and tricks
- Bathroom: Toiletries, oral hygiene, water (including chlorine and fluoride), self-care, skincare and a few DIY skincare recipes, medicine cabinet, hair training, cleaning (including deep cleaning/going beyond the basics of the kitchen!)
- Bedroom: Mattress shopping, pillows, linens, all about certifications and materials, condoms and lubrication, pregnancy prevention/fertility, sleeping tips, blue light, hacks and tips for cleaning in the bedroom
- Living Room: Indoor air quality, air purifiers, filters, furniture and rugs (materials and more), air fresheners (key swaps, essential oil how-tos, and candle info), mold mindfulness, EMF protection
- Garden: Lawn care, sun protection, insect protection, after-sun care, and grounding
From tackling toxins and revamping your kitchen to making a greener garden and ensuring cleaner laundry, A Healthier Home will aid you in creating a sustainable, safe lifestyle that benefits both your mind and body. Every corner of your home can be made to better serve you and your family—it’s just a matter of getting started!