Become a rabbit rancher the right way!
- A guide to rabbit ranching and humanely raising rabbits as a profitable meat venture
- Getting started (and why), housing, feeding, breeding, disease management, marketing outlets, laws and regulations of raising rabbits for meat, and much more
- Successful management of a rabbit ranch, farm taxes, costs, and profits, and how to make rational decisions for your own rabbit farm
- Charts, graphs, and tables to tell you the "why," not just the "how"
- Author Deborah Mays has a degree in Wildlife Biology and academic experience in animal husbandry and runs her own successful rabbit ranching business
This ultimate how-to guide to rabbit husbandry is a must-have resource to learn not just the details of how to raise rabbits but why!
Whether you're looking to diversify your farm, raise safe, high-quality meat for your family, or become a large-scale commercial rabbit rancher, this 200-page book is the comprehensive resource you need to learn how to raise rabbits humanely and proficiently.
Covering topics such as housing, handling, feeding, breeding, growing, disease management, genetic selection, and so much more, you'll be fully equipped to raise rabbits for financial reward by learning from a leading voice in the field who has done it successfully, Deborah Mays. By studying her methods and systems, you'll understand the foundations of rabbit ranching and how to make scientifically based management decisions for your own farm.
Providing a totally novel, analytical perspective with the goal of financially rewarding and sustainable agriculture, author Deborah Mays shares her knowledge from running her own successful rabbit ranching business with her husband, as well as having a degree in Wildlife Biology and academic experience in animal husbandry.
With this book, you'll be able to create your own home-based small business or entrepreneurship humanely raising healthy rabbit meat while also maximizing efficiency and controlling costs, as well as explore the different marketable venues and understand the U.S. laws governing the industry. Also included are helpful examples of a rabbit purchase agreement, a farm brochure, and a restaurant flyer.
Learn everything you need to know to raise rabbits successfully and humanely inside A Practical Guide to Rabbit Ranching!