This kit includes nearly all the pieces needed to assemble your own charkha spinning wheel, which you can use to spin your own thread and ply your own yarns from cotton and other fibers. To be very clear, this kit will require assembly and does not arrive fully assembled.
Instructions: Glue the Bearing Blocks and Spindle Holder Base to a length of wood or a folding box to complete your charkha spinning wheel
This kit includes:
- 1x Large Pulley (5 inches diameter)
- 1x Compound Pulley (3.25 inches diameter)
- 2x Bearing Blocks
- 1x Spindle Holder
- 1x Spindle Holder Base
- 2x Pulley Axles
- 1x Spindle Holder Hinge Pin
- 3x Materials for DIY Spindles
- Rubber bands for drive belts. (You will need a little length of yarn for the second drive belt)
DOES NOT INCLUDE: A wood box or base. You need to assemble your own base from a length of wood or a small box. I've found that chess boxes make a great fit for this kit.
Materials: PLA, carbon steel
A basic video for assembly and spinning demonstration:
Spinner and YouTuber, JillianEve's video with detailed instruction, spinning tips, and charkha history: