Spices do more than just flavor food! This introductory illustrated guide shows how spices can maintain optimal health and treat common ailments and offers healing recipes. Easy to follow, approachable, and authoritative, this is the essential reference to using spices for maximum health and wellness. It’s packed with practical information, including the benefits of spices, their history as natural remedies, creating spice blends, safety tips, common uses, and delivery systems. An A-Z guide of 40 spices identifies their preventative and curative potential, and each examination of 40 conditions features one or two spice-filled recipes to help you heal.
Here’s what healing spices can do for you:
• Muscles, joint pain, and arthritis can be treated with cayenne, ginger, and turmeric.
• Garlic and onion can alleviate seasonal allergies.
• Fenugreek can regulate type 2 diabetes.
• Red pepper can ease a hangover.
• Juniper berries can help with a UTI.
• Sumac can treat skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, sunburn, acne, and allergic reactions.
I have sent 3 emails advising you, that I HAVE NOT RECEIVED the handbooks.
Hi, the book is not for me, but is a Christmas present for my master gardener wife, so, my apologies for not offering a review of the handbook.