Have you ever thought of growing flowers and vegetables together? Or considered how the pH level in your garden’s soil affects the growth of your fruits and vegetables? What about the idea of pruning for small-space fruit trees? These topics and many more are all covered in the Mother Earth News Collector Series: Organic Gardening, 2nd Edition!
This guide explores season by season the best crops and growing tips to help make your garden thrive in every weather condition. Read how it’s best to grow strawberries and red peppers in the spring and cucumbers and melons in the summer. Get expert advice on greenhouse growing, transplanting seedlings, and growing organic potatoes. Plus, learn new ways to grow, such as aquaponics, low-tunnel greenhouses, and trellising.
Other articles in this issue include:
- Best Seeds for a Bigger, Better Garden – It’s time to start planning your garden and ordering seeds! Check out these 15 great ideas for organic gardens.
- Winning Against Weeds – Keep weeds in their place with these seven organic techniques.
- Create an Edible Landscape – A garden writer gives her outdoor dining area a European feel with four table grape varieties you can enjoy fresh off the vine.
- 3 Rare Root Crops You Should Be Growing – Experience the unique flavors of crosnes, salsify, and skirret by adding these unsung treasures to your vegetable garden.
- Grow Your Best Fall Garden – Here’s expert advice for the next half of the gardening season.
- And more!