It’s the one-pot meal reinvented and what is sure to become every busy cook’s new favorite way of getting dinner on the table. It’s Sheet Pan Suppers—a breakthrough full-color cookbook with more than 120 recipes for complete meals, snacks, brunch and even dessert, all of which require nothing more than a sheet pan, your oven and Molly Gilbert’s inspired approach.
The virtue of cooking on a sheet pan is two-fold. First, there’s the convenience of cooking everything together and having just one pan to clean up. Then there’s the cooking method: roasting, baking or broiling—three techniques that intensify flavors. In other words, food tastes better when cooked on a sheet pan (move over, slow cooker).
But the real genius here is Gilbert’s fresh, sophisticated approach. There are easy dinners for weeknight meals:
- Chicken Legs with Fennel and Orange;
- Soy-Mustard Salmon and Broccoli;
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Squash, Apples and Onions.
Special occasion meals include Rack of Lamb with Herby Bread Crumbs and Buttered Carrots; and Asparagus and Black Cod in Parchment.
Meatless meals feature dishes such as Israeli Couscous-Stuffed Peppers.
Plus surprise extras, cover a wide gamut:
- In-a-snap party snacks (Baked Brie and Strawberries, Corn and Crab Cakes with Yogurt Aioli),
- Quick brunch dishes (Greens and Eggs and Ham, and Baked Apricot French Toast), and, of course,
- Dessert (Stone Fruit Slab Pie, Halloween Candy S’mores).
Maximum ease, minimal cleanup, and mouthwatering recipes. In other words, a revelation that will change the way we cook.