This third edition of BLACK+DECKER The Complete Photo Guide to Treehouses covers every aspect of treehouse building, from choosing a tree and safety considerations to adding interior furniture and even a zip line.
Featuring extended building techniques in step-by-step photo-illustrated instruction.
For kids, a treehouse is a room that never has to be cleaned, a place for muddy shoes and bug jars and adventures real and imagined; a house that you can paint whenever and however you want, without gaining approval. For adults, it’s a room that never has to be cleaned, a place for muddy shoes and…well, you get the idea. But best of all a treehouse is up in a tree. And that’s just cool.
Filled with inspiring photos of finished treehouses and easy-to-follow instructions for building your own, learn with your family treehouse basics—choosing a tree, planning and design, treehouse safety—followed by building techniques for:
- Platforms designed for various tree configurations
- Framing and finishing walls and railings
- Finishing interiors with paneling, shelves, and flip-down tables and bunks
- Doors, both classic and in fun shapes
- Windows, including shutters and pop-ups
- Building and framing roofs
- Modes of access, including ladders, stairs, trap doors, and a fireman’s pole
- Playthings, including swings, a zip line, a rock climbing wall, slides, and more
You can get started right away by following the complete plans and step-by-step photos for making your choice of two popular treehouse designs: an open-air treehouse and a gable house with entry deck. To give you even more to choose from, you will find fully developed plans for all treehouse types included that you can adapt to your particular trees and wishes.
Build the treehouse you and your kids have always dreamed of with BLACK+DECKER The Complete Guide to Treehouses 3rd edition.