The Joy of Home Distilling is a complete guide for beginner and intermediate distillers. Readers will learn about every facet of distilling, from yeast styles and nutritional requirements to the different methods of distillation, types of equipment, and post-distillation processes. Author Rick Morris even includes his own recipes for different spirits and drinks.
By learning not just how to distill but also what is happening at each step and why it is necessary, readers will be armed with the information they need to experiment with their spirits and concoct their recipes. Easy to understand even for a first-time distiller, The Joy of Home Distilling is sure to become your No. 1 distilling resource.
Topics covered include:
- What distillation is and common misconceptions about the process
- Keeping safety first when working with flammable materials, such as ethanol
- The legalities surrounding distilling alcohol at home
- What yeast is, what it does, and how to ensure you get a strong, complete fermentation
- Step-by-step instructions for the different processes, from bucket to bottle
- The difference between spirit types and how to produce each
- Carbon filtering: when it’s necessary when to filter, and why you filter
- Flavoring and aging your spirits